Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update us on your plans here!

We are coming up on the 2 week mark and I wanted to get everyone's travel plans in one spot. Please post your travel plans in a comment below, even if they are still somewhat tentative.

Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. HANEYS:
    We are leaving Fairfax after work on Thursday and getting in around 9pm.
    Friday we are planning to go see some friends who live in Orlando.
    Saturday - toodle around at one of the parks until everyone starts to arrive :)
    Sunday and Monday play, play, play...
    Tuesday play until about noon and then head to the airport via the Magical Express bus

    Wayne is going to be able to stay with us the whole time (yeah!) instead of having to leave on Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Kenny just sprang on us tonight that his band director said that they would be getting off the bus and going directly to the parade...seems a bit different from what he'd emailed before. If so, I'm going to be more than a little miffed! Big Kenny tried to call him as soon as little Kenny finished talking but we couldn't get through. As soon as we got home, we emailed him so hopefully he'll get back to us tomorrow.

    I'm gearing up to be supremely annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As of today...we are driving down Friday after work. We'll likely stay north of Ocala Friday night as we'll be visiting Greg's parents on Saturday (his mom is doing rather badly so we want to spend as much time as we can with them.) Depending on the situation, I'll either be driving down to Orlando myself or with Greg Saturday early evening to spend time with you all,

    Saturday PM I'll be at the hotel (with or without Greg)

    Sunday I'll be where ever you all are (may get up early to get Greg if he's still at his parents)

    Monday we'll be leaving to drive home for work on Tuesday.

    Quick trip, but we're also watching the airfares for some cheap flights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy - I'm not sure what the Tall Kenny change means? Does that mean that the parade is on Saturday, or that they just won't be going to the park before the parade on Sunday (which I could understand given that it would probably be hard to round everyone back up...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay...update on our trip plans. We're flying in now..still getting in Friday and flying out Monday morning.

    Other than that, no changes on when we'll be at Disney with you all.

    Depending on the answer to Lori's question above about the parade being Sat vs Sun, we'll switch out Sat plans above for Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, heard from the band director. They are marching at 2:30 on SUNDAY. It's called the "pre-parade" to the 3 p.m. one.

    As of right now, big Kenny wants to leave on Saturday morning so that he can be here for his team's games on Friday (with little Kenny being his asst. coach for the 2 teams he coaches, and him already in FL. it makes it kind of hard to not be there). I'm still hoping that we can swing a parent to pitch in so that we can take off on Friday night and get 1/3 to 1/2 way there, spend the night in a Motel 6-type place and then head the rest of the way in on Saturday. If our rooms aren't ready when we get there, maybe we can unleash the Stokes on Lori and Wayne and visit some of the "outer rings". We'll play on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and leave Wednesday morning to head back homeward to get ready for Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am driving over early Saturday morning. Hope to catch up with the Haneys - were we going to do Epcot since I think the Stokes are in for the main park while they are here. Anne, you and Greg are still planning to use our car to drive to his parents? That is fine - will have to figure out how to get you the keys. I will leave on Wed when the Stokes' leave and drive home to collapse.....

    ReplyDelete