Monday, March 23, 2009

DQOD March 23 - Cinderella's Castle

1. What is interesting about this fountain by Cinderella's castle?

From Disney Question of the Day


From Disney Question of the Day



2. You can have breakfast and dinner in Cinderella's Castle. The restaurant USED to be called King Stephan's Banquet. Why is this odd?

7 comments:

  1. 1. Why is the fountain interesting? No clue
    2. What is off about the restaurant in Cinderella's Castle formerly being called King Stephan's Banquet? King Stephan was a different Disney princess's father not Cinderella's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea about #1...although the mural behind the fountain looks suspicously like the evil queen from Snow White (see the crown and over the 'mask') I must be really out of it today.

    Tracy: never would have thought about the fathers...I was leaning towards the 'prince' names but then remembered the prior trivia question on them and didn't remember a 'stephen' so was stumped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Tracy on King Stephan :)

    Anne-Marie - your intuition serves you well...it isn't a Snow White reference, but the crown is the key....

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you look at it from a certain viewpoint, does the crown do something? Like sparkle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm...maybe if you look at it from the front, the crown appears to be ON the head of the statue??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bingo - great teamwork Ladies - the mural was painted so that from a child's height the crown is on her head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course, from the picture I posted I'm now doubting the 'child height' part....I guess we'll see when we go...

    ReplyDelete